John W opened the meeting by asking for any new prayer requests, of which there were several. He then led the group that was assembled in prayer.
We were very happy to have our pianist present and we sang “I never shall forget the day”
John H led our devotions and he had selected Psalms 40: 1-3
1. I waited patiently for the Lord; and he inclined unto me, and heard my cry.
2. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings.
3. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord.
In this Psalm David is apparently coming out of some trying times or discouragement and has, finally given up to, wait upon the Lord, which is what the Lord wants us to do. David is then blessed with 8 different blessings
1. He inclined unto me
2. He heard my cry
3. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit
4. Out of the miry clay
5. He set my feet upon a rock
6. He established my goings.
7. And he hath put a new song in my mouth
8. Even praise unto our God
There was quite a lot of discussion on the blessings that the Lord has given each one of us.
Peggy dismissed us with a prayer.
On a personal note I seem to find it astonishing the amount of inspiration that can come out of such a seemingly short passage of scripture. But it happens over and over again throughout the Bible.
I personally thank God that I can read his word and He will show me what he wants me to be getting at that time. I, like many before me, have read the same passage of Scripture at different times and been blessed with totally different meanings.